Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Dangerous Method



Should you go see it?

Yes, but read this review first because this movie is not for everybody.


Spoiler free review.

This movie is really good. I loved it for 3 main reasons:
  1. The acting of the four main characters is amazing.
  2. I love historic films.
  3. When I was young I studied a lot of psychology, and I read Jung back then (and this movie is about Jung, by the way).
But... the truth is that it is a slow movie. If you are not into non-Hollywood-like movies and you're not studying psychology you may not like this film. You can still amaze at Keira's acting as a very crazy but intelligent woman, but you may find the story boring at times.

Even if you are a Cronenberg fan, you'll find that this is no usual Cronenberg (if there's a thing as "usual Cronenberg"). But for me is one of his best films (almost as good as The Fly or Spider) because it really takes you into the life of Jung, his friendship with Freud and his interesting relationship with Sabina Spielrein (unknown to me before this movie, but important part of Jung's story).

So if you happen to know who Carl Jung is; go see this movie immediately. It's still showing in some theaters hidden by Not-Amazing-Spider-Man.

Note: the trailer is a bit misleading. It kind of shows a different type of movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment